Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mini Europe

If you have ever wondered what walking through an amusement park was like in East Germany look no further than the amusement park right next to Atomium. It apparently is a combination park with four main attractions in it, however there is really only one that stands out - Mini Europe. The day I went there it was cold, wet and grey and there was not another living soul around, so I was exactly getting the happiest place on earth vibe.

Getting to the entrance of Mini Europe was an adventure in itself because I had to walk through this almost deserted theme park, which I actually thought was closed and that I was tresspassing, but to my relief when I did get to the entrance there were loads of other people there too.

So basically if the creators of Cockington Green did more crack then Charlie Sheen on a weekend the resulting creation would not come close to the amazeballness that I saw in Mini Europe. As the name would suggest it is a micro view of all of Europe. I pretty much had a breakdown as soon as I walked in and couldn't stop laughing the entire time because it is such an amazing but bizare place to see in person. Having said that it shits all over Atomium.

While the majority of the countries submitted repulicas of their countries finest achievements in architecture one stood out. Luxemburg. Apparently the best thing in their country is a two lane bridge pressumably to leave the country.





































No comments:

Post a Comment