Friday, January 7, 2011

The day after the night before

As many of you might already know, New York never sleeps. Well maybe that isn't 100 percent true, on New Years Day just as the sun is about to rise, all the sleepy partygoers from the night before are just putting their heads on their pillows, and I was one of them.

I thought that I would only need a few hours sleep and then I would be fine to get up and explore the rest of the city, how wrong I was. When the alarm sent its death rays into my room at 8am I thought I would puke just from having to wake up suddenly and press snooze because I was so tired. The next time I woke up it was 1pm. Lucky because I was meant to be going to Alex's at 2pm for a recovery lunch.

I made my way across town and caught up with the girls for a few hours. Then my day really started...at 5pm, but that is practically the morning for a New Yorker. I first went to Bloomingdales and discovered the world of fabulous it had inside. Holy god do they know what a good department store should be. Then after I walked around the city and made my way to Times Square to see the freak show at night.












No comments:

Post a Comment