Saturday, January 22, 2011

All the colours of the rainbow!

I was really looking forward to the hotel in Brussels because I was staying at the Pantone Hotel. Yes that is right, an entire hotel dedicated to the universal colouring system PANTONE. I died.
When you walk in you could be surprised that it is actually a hotel and that you haven't mistakenly walked into an advertising agency because that is what this place looks like. The staff were friendly but oddly enough monotone, all of them. I don't know if it is a Belgian thing but that is how they all spoke. Almost like they were bored to be alive or something.

Each floor of the hotel is colour themed as you would expect and I was staying on the red floor which is great because red is my favorite colour. When the doors of the lift opened I was in complete darkness because the lights weren't on, which I thought was totally wierd. Anyway I step out of the lift and then these red flickering lights come on. They have sensor lights which only come on when someone has entered the hallway the rest of the time the lights stay off, which is pretty tech savvy.

The room was amazing and the only artwork on the wall were framed Pantone colour swatches. It was freaking amazing. I was totally tired from my trip across the pond so I had a quick kip. I woke up 14 hours later.





No comments:

Post a Comment